Thai. Chinese. Vietnamese. Indian.
Lately that’s all I’ve been craving and eating. It’s a good thing my favorite Indian and Thai restaurants are not conveniently on my drive home, because if they were I would be spending all of my money there.
Instead, I’ve been getting crafty and creative at home. First with these Banh Mi Bratwursts, and now with this Tangled Thai Salad. Guys, I have no words for this salad. No words. Just love. This might be the most colorful and delicious salad I have ever made. And the peanut dressing? After you try it you’ll want to put it on everything.
The other thing I like about this salad is that it is honestly one of the first totally raw things that I’ve made that I (and the Mr.) devoured. I’m not going to lie … I don’t like 100% raw foods 100% of the time. I know they are healthy for you and all, but I tend to be more of a sautéed, roasted or grilled veggie fan.
This Tangled Thai Salad however, has been a game changer for me. Raw golden beets, cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers, edamame and chickpeas come together to make an irresistibly healthy meal. The Mr. even ate the leftovers in his lunch the next day. This is coming from a guy who hate leftovers, so even I was amazed!
- [b]For the salad:[/b]
- 1 large English cucumber
- 1 large golden beet, peeled
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¾ cup cooked edamame
- ¾ cup chickpeas
- Cilantro and lime for serving
- [b]For the peanut dressing:[/b]
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons white distilled vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Cut the ends off of the cucumber and golden beet then discard.
- Using a spiral vegetable slicer (or spiralizer) slice the cucumber into vegetable noodles.
- Place the noodles in a large bowl and continue with the golden beet.
- Add in carrot, chopped red bell pepper, edamame, and chickpeas and toss until combined.
- [i]For the dressing: [/i]Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until well blended.
- Top with cilantro, fresh squeezed lime juice, and dressing.