I know it’s already Aug. 5 but I don’t think it’s too late to say, Happy August!
The hubby and I finally crossed something off our 2015 Summer Bucket List. Kind of sad being that it’s already August and all, but hey! It’s never too late. We still have time before the abominable snowman hits Minnesota.
The first item we checked off our bucket list? A 7-mile canoe trip on the St. Croix River.
Our adventure was the definition of a perfect summer day: pure blue skies, butterflies and bald eagles swirling in the sky, time outdoors with my love. It was a day for the memory books, that’s for sure.
If you haven’t been on a canoe trip, I would highly recommend trying it out! At first I was a little skeptical, but I ending up having a wonderful time, even with a bum arm from a fibromyalgia flare up.
Like our canoe trip, I think these burgers can also be included in the definition of a perfect summer day. These spiced lamb burgers are so scrumptious and juicy that you have to slow yourself down while you are eating so you remember to savor each bite. The Canyon Bakehouse buns I used are a perfect compliment to this juicy burger. Not too light, not too heavy, but just the right amount of bread.
What’s also great about these buns is that they aren’t too soft or floppy, so they soak up the meat juices without leaving you with a huge mess! Chef’s tip: Don’t skimped on the spices. The more, the merrier.
This is a sponsored post, written by me, and created in partnership with Canyon Bakehouse. All opinions expressed are straight from the heart.
- 4 [url href=”http://canyonbakehouse.com” target=”_blank”]Canyon Bakehouse[/url] hamburger buns
- 1½ pounds ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- [br][b]For the herbed yogurt:[/b]
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, 0%
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- [br][b]For garnish:[/b]
- 1 tomato, cut into thick slices
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/4 red onion, sliced into rings (optional)
- Preheat the grill for medium heat. Place ground lamb with spices and cilantro in a medium bowl and mix using your hands until combined.
- Divide the mixture into four equal portions and shape into burgers.
- Brush grill grate with oil. Grill burgers 5 minutes on each side, or until well done. (You can also cook the burgers on the stove with a grill pan.)
- In a small bowl, mix together herbed yogurt ingredients.
- Serve burgers with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, red onions and slather with herbed yogurt.