When given the choice between trick or treat, there is always a clear winner.
Show me the treats and no one gets hurt. Chocolate, cake, pudding, ice cream, brownies — I don’t care what the treat is, as long as it’s sweet. And when it comes to Halloween it better be spooky, too!
Growing up my family didn’t celebrate Halloween, but now that I am married, the Mr. and I go all out for this spooktacular holiday. We still haven’t decided what costumes we will wear to hand out candy (suggestions anyone?), but we’ve already tested out tons of Halloween treats, including these Pumpkin Dirt Pudding Cups.
What I love most about these dirt pudding cups is how natural and wholesome they are without sacrificing on taste. They are made using a homemade pumpkin pudding recipe that consists of five simple ingredients: pumpkin, coconut milk, coconut sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. That’s it!
If this is not enough to tempt your taste buds, the crumbled gluten-free brownies and organic gummy worms on top will sure do the trick.
For all you moms out there, you’ll be excited to know these pumpkin dirt pudding cups have also been kid-tested and approved. I gave a few to my neighbor and dear friend, Traci, and her two-year-old gobbled the pudding up! Happy Halloween and cheers to spooktacular desserts!
This is a sponsored post, written by me, and created in partnership with Canyon Bakehouse. All opinions expressed are straight from the heart.
- Get delicious and healthy recipes delivered to your inbox weekly! Click here to sign up for the free Making Life Sweet newsletter!
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
- 3 cans coconut milk
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 package Canyon Bakehouse Brownie Bites, crumbled*
- 12 gummy worms
- 6 cups for serving
- Chill coconut milk in the fridge for at least eight hours. Remove the cans from the fridge and carefully remove the lid without tipping or shaking the can. Scrape out the top, thickened cream and discard the liquid. (You can also save and use for smoothies.)
- Combine pumpkin, coconut cream, sugar, vanilla and spices in a medium saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Divide pumpkin pudding into cups and top with equal amounts of crumbled brownie bites and gummy worms. Place in the fridge and serve cool.
- *Don’t have brownie bites on hand? You can also use smashed Oreo cookies or chocolate Teddy Grahams to get a similar effect!