Happy Thanksgiving! For the sake of all the baking, cooking and decorating we all will be doing today, I’m going to keep this post short.
Today there will be much giving thanks and eating of delicious food. There will be plenty of turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie to go around. And if you’re like most American families, there will still be plenty of turkey and stuffing to go around even after Thanksgiving is over.
So what’s a family to do with leftover turkey and stuffing? Whatever you do don’t throw that healthy, delicious meat away! Put it to good use by making this quick and delicious Leftover Turkey Stuffing Sandwich with a cran-raspberry jam.
No one wants to spend a bunch of time making food the day after Thanksgiving, and you won’t have to with these sandwiches, which come together in less than 10 minutes. OK, now that you have tomorrow’s lunch (or dinner) figured out, go have yourself a fabulousThanksgiving! XOXO, Lauren.
- 8 slices Canyon Bakehouse Mountain White bread
- 1 1/2 -2 pounds leftover Thanksgiving turkey
- 1 cup leftover Thanksgiving stuffing
- Romaine lettuce for garnish
- [b]For the cran-raspberry jam:[/b]
- ¼ cup raspberry preserves
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- [i]For the jam: [/i]Heat raspberry preserves in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in cranberries and cinnamon and reduce heat to medium-low, stirring frequently, until cranberries begin to pop, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice, and let cool and thicken before serving.
- To assemble the sandwiches, place four of the slices of bread on a sheet or cutting board and top with equal amounts of lettuce, turkey, stuffing and cran-raspberry jam. Top with remaining slices of bread.