Amy Breitmann joins me today for the Finding Joy Podcast’s 50th episode! Amy is a wife, mother, writer and lover of all things creative (and she will also be speaking at the Woodstock, Georgia Finding Joy Ladies Night Out event on Oct. 7!) Her life and faith were forever changed when she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer as a 29-year-old mama-to-be.
As you’ll hear in our conversation today, God has taken Amy’s broken road and weaved it into a beautiful ministry. Today The Lydia Project serves thousands of women and their families each year, providing spiritual, emotional, and financial support to women facing any kind of cancer. Amy firmly believes that while God doesn’t cause suffering to happen in our lives, He uses every valley to help us learn how to minister to others in their time of need.
“When we find ourselves in a valley, we have a choice to make. We can be bitter or fearful … or we can look around and say, ‘How can I serve and be Jesus to the people who are in this same valley?'” Amy says.
We are beautifully broken to be a blessing.
In addition to talking about her experience with cancer and The Lydia Project, Amy and I talk about the importance of living our passions and staying true to who God made us to be — cracks, scars, flaws and all.
A few more takeaways from the show:
- Don’t be afraid to just be you! Show up and say, this is me! People want to be inspired. They want to come alongside you and cheer you on. We think they don’t but they do. Believe in who God made you to be and walk in that freedom.
- God gives us stories and passions for a reason and He uses them to inspire others and touch others’ hearts.
- We should live our passions simply because we know we’re supposed to … not because we need something in return.
- Your gifting is not about you. Stop caring about shares, likes and other validation. Your gifting is just that — a gift to the world.
- Oh, and watch The Greatest Showman, or at least listen to the hit song, “This Is Me.”
Links from the Show
Connect With Amy
Tweet the Podcast
How to Listen to the Finding Joy Podcast
You can listen to the podcast here on this blog, or by subscribing to the podcast through iTunes.
Subscribe to the iTunes podcast HERE.
Review this Podcast
By rating this podcast or writing a short review, you can help others find the Finding Joy podcast more easily! Click here to head over to iTunes and rate Finding Joy.