Kids are going back to school and the days are getting shorter, but I refuse to acknowledge that summer is more than halfway over.
I’m optimistic like that. On the other hand, I’m a total pessimist when it comes to winter. I can’t wait to see family again this Christmas, but whenever someone mentions December I plug my ears and sing la la la don’t know what December is. Snow? No. Not happening.
The fact is my husband and I love being Minnesota transplants. But we also laugh at the fact that neither of us really cares for frigid winters. Because let’s face it — weather truly affects our mind, body and spirit.
So yes, I’m going to be in denial about winter coming until the first snowfall. And I’ll cook like it’s not winter for however long I can too! So long as watermelons are fresh and flavorful, you bet I’ll be making these tacos too — a new favorite in our house.
Fresh, sweet, and light tacos: it’s all here, and it will surely tempt you. Why? Because the cod filets are covered in a tasty coconut coating and topped with a colorful and sweet watermelon salsa. If that’s not enough to make your mouth water, it’s accompanied with avocado and sprinkled with cilantro. Need I say more?
This recipe was originally developed for Snap Fitness. Click here to see it on their blog.
- Get recipes and uplifting content delivered to your inbox weekly! Click here to sign up for the free Making Life Sweet newsletter!
- [b]For the fish[/b]
- 2 cod filets, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- Coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- Pinch of salt
- [b]For the watermelon Salsa[/b]
- 1 cup watermelon, cubed
- ¼ cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- [b]For serving[/b]
- 6 small soft corn tortillas, warmed
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Cilantro (optional)
- [b]For the fish:[/b] Mix together all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Coat the fish pieces in the coconut flour mixture.
- Heat 1/2 inch of coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the fish pieces to the skillet and fry until the coating is a golden brown color, approximately two minutes.
- Flip and fry for an additional two to three minutes, until the entire coating is golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- [b]For the watermelon salsa:[/b] Mix together all the ingredients in a small bowl until combined.
- [b]For serving:[/b]Divide fish and watermelon salsa evenly into warmed corn tortillas.
- Top with avocado slices and cilantro as desired.