Shake things up at your next cookout with these Bánh Mì Bratwursts!
Two summers ago, I had my first-ever Bánh Mì experience at Jasmine Deli, a little restaurant on Eat Street in Minneapolis. It was totallllly love at first bite. What exactly is a bánh mì? It’s Vietnamese for bread and a byproduct French colonialism in Indochina. Combine Vietnamese ingredients — pork, cilantro, cucumber, pickled carrots, and jalapeño — with a French baguette and you get a bánh mì!
These sandwiches aren’t just pretty to look at. They are finger-licking, wipe-your-plate, may-I-have-another good. Whether you’re celebrating a big sporting event or having a summer cookout, these Bánh Mì Bratwursts are a fun alternative to the burgers and hot dogs that usually make an appearance at parties.
Did I mention it’s also a sneaky way to get your vegetables in? Total bonus right there.
- Get recipes and uplifting content delivered to your inbox weekly! Click here to sign up for the free Making Life Sweet newsletter!
This is a sponsored post, written by me, and created in partnership with Canyon Bakehouse. All opinions expressed are straight from the heart.
- 4 bratwurst
- 4 [url href=”https://canyonglutenfree.com/buy-gluten-free-bread-products/Gluten-Free-Hot-Dog-Buns.html” target=”_blank”]Canyon Bakehouse[/url]hot dog buns
- 1/2 large english cucumber, quartered into spears
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Sriracha mayo (1/4 c mayo + 2 teaspoons sriracha)
- Grill the bratwursts. Place each one in a bun and top with a cucumber spear, some carrots, jalapeño slices and sriracha mayo. Additional toppings ideas (optional): cilantro, soy sauce, daikon.