Calling all chocolate lovers! These Chunky Peanut Butter Chocolate Pudding Brownie Bites come together in less than 10 minutes — so what are you waiting for? Treat yo self.
Aloha from the crystal blue waters of Exuma, Bahamas! Mr. Making Life Sweet and I are currently on a week-long vacation with his mom, brother, sister and gramma, so if you notice I’m not as active on social media or other blogs this week, that’s why. With this being our first vacation in a year-and-a-half, it’s definitely time for this lady to take a break, dig her toes in the sand and float in the ocean while sipping a piña colada.
There’s a part of me that longs to just pack my bags and move to tropical waters. I have and always will be a water and a beach girl. Where there is water and sand, I thrive. I think that’s one of the reasons why I loved our first home in Minnesota so much, because there is water everywhere in that state. You can’t go for a drive without running into a creek, stream, river, waterfall, pond or lake.
Mr. Making Life Sweet and I joke about moving to an island all the time. “I could write for the tourism magazines and open up a bakery and you could sell boat rentals,” I say to him. Though he agrees this plan is not a half-bad idea, I don’t think that will be happening for a long time — if we’re lucky, maybe when we are old and grey.
Before hopping on a plane to get to the Caribbean I was testing out recipes for these pudding brownie bites that are here on the blog today. You might think putting pudding (see what I did there? :P) on top of a brownie might be weird, but think again — it’s actually quite delicious and even more decadent than frosting in my opinion!
I was inspired to mix pudding with brownie bites after stumbling across this Chocolate Avocado Peanut Butter Pudding recipe from the Realistic Nutritionist. In her recipe for the pudding, she crumbles brownie on top, and it got me thinking: What if it were the other way around? What if you wrapped chocolatey brownie goodness around pudding?
I was hesitant to share this recipe with all of you because I know it might seem a little different, but I hope you’ll expand your horizons and give them a taste. The best part about this recipe — other than the fact that it comes together in less than 10 minutes — is that in the end you have leftover pudding! Did I mention the pudding is ultra good for you, too? I believe dessert is all about balance, and to me pairing soft brownies with a healthy, chunky pudding just feels right. Don’t you think?
- Get delicious and healthy recipes delivered to your inbox weekly! Click here to sign up for the free Making Life Sweet newsletter!
This is a sponsored post, written by me, and created in partnership with Canyon Bakehouse. All opinions expressed are straight from the heart.
- 1 package Canyon Bakehouse brownie bites
- For the chunky peanut butter chocolate pudding (makes 1 cup):
- 1 avocado
- 1 Canyon Bakehouse brownie bite, chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place all pudding ingredients into a food processor and blend until mostly smooth but partly chunky.
- Using your thumb, press an indent into the center of each brownie. Fill holes with pudding and spread an extra spoonful of pudding on top. Repeat with remaining brownie bites and enjoy!