This weekend was a weekend of celebration.
For the first time ever, my husband and I finally own a grill! I know what some of you might be thinking: How could a food blogger not own a grill? Well, when you’re in your 20s and you’ve just recently been married and bought a house, unfortunately there are a lot bigger priorities than getting a grill.
After Alex and I got married in October 2014, we made a wish list of things to get for our house and we made a goal to have a grill by the first day of summer. As I write this post he is faithfully putting it together in the garage (talk about a wonderful husband).
I couldn’t be more grateful and excited that we were able to make it happen!
We already have a list of things that we want to cook on our new grill, and one of them is these Grilled Beet Sliders, which feature Love Beets. Let me tell you a little about Love Beets. They aren’t just any ordinary beets. They are organic, gluten-free, all-natural and kosher-certified with no added colors or preservatives. You can find them at a grocery store near you.
Speaking of grills, the generous folks over at Love Beets are actually giving away 25 Weber grills this summer! All you have to do is click here and vote for your favorite recipe, which includes the yummy beet sliders I am featuring today. Good luck!
What are you looking forward to grilling this season?
- 1 8.8-ounce package Love Beets cooked beets, sliced into ½-inch thick rounds
- Cooking spray or oil
- 6 slider buns, grilled
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste
- [b][br]Mango salsa:[/b]
- [url href=”http://laurengaskillinspires.com/mango-salsa/” target=”_blank”]Click here[/url]
- Add all of the ingredients for the guacamole to a small bowl and mash using a fork until it reaches desired consistency. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add all of the ingredients for the mango salsa to a bowl and stir well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high and spray it with cooking spray.
- Slice the beets into ½-inch thick rounds and lightly brush or spray both sides with olive oil or canola oil.
- Grill beet slices for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until charred and hot.
- Lightly spray or butter the slider buns and grill until they reach desired crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Assemble sliders by adding desired amount of guacamole, sliced grilled beets, and mango salsa to each slider bun. Serve and enjoy!