This weekend was a weekend of celebration.
For the first time ever, my husband and I finally own a grill! I know what some of you might be thinking: How could a food blogger not own a grill? Well, when you’re in your 20s and you’ve just recently been married and bought a house, unfortunately there are a lot bigger priorities than getting a grill.
After Alex and I got married in October 2014, we made a wish list of things to get for our house and we made a goal to have a grill by the first day of summer. As I write this post he is faithfully putting it together in the garage (talk about a wonderful husband).
I couldn’t be more grateful and excited that we were able to make it happen!
We already have a list of things that we want to cook on our new grill, and one of them is these Grilled Beet Sliders, which feature Love Beets. Let me tell you a little about Love Beets. They aren’t just any ordinary beets. They are organic, gluten-free, all-natural and kosher-certified with no added colors or preservatives. You can find them at a grocery store near you.
Speaking of grills, the generous folks over at Love Beets are actually giving away 25 Weber grills this summer! All you have to do is click here and vote for your favorite recipe, which includes the yummy beet sliders I am featuring today. Good luck!
What are you looking forward to grilling this season?
- 1 8.8-ounce package Love Beets cooked beets, sliced into ½-inch thick rounds
- Cooking spray or oil
- 6 slider buns, grilled
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste
- [b][br]Mango salsa:[/b]
- [url href=”http://laurengaskillinspires.com/mango-salsa/” target=”_blank”]Click here[/url]
- Add all of the ingredients for the guacamole to a small bowl and mash using a fork until it reaches desired consistency. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add all of the ingredients for the mango salsa to a bowl and stir well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high and spray it with cooking spray.
- Slice the beets into ½-inch thick rounds and lightly brush or spray both sides with olive oil or canola oil.
- Grill beet slices for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until charred and hot.
- Lightly spray or butter the slider buns and grill until they reach desired crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Assemble sliders by adding desired amount of guacamole, sliced grilled beets, and mango salsa to each slider bun. Serve and enjoy!
Dani @ DaniCaliforniaCooks says
This is so inventive! I bet the beets add a fun crunch to the sandwich.
Lauren Gaskill says
Thanks Dani! They definitely do! Not too crunchy, but just the right amount of bite. 🙂
Shelby @ Go Eat and Repeat says
These beet sliders are so colorful and fun! I’ve been wanting to try grilling a pizza, but I still need to work up the courage to actually do it!
Lauren Gaskill says
Grilled pizza is the BEST! Don’t worry if it doesn’t turn out perfect the first time. The worst thing that can happen is a semi-burnt crust, which, call me weird, but I actually like charred breads!
Kennedy Cole@ KCole's Creative Corner says
I love that this is a vegetarian “slider”. That fresh mango salsa must be so delicious and refreshing on top. This looks like such a delicious sandwich, that’s perfect for the summertime. Love the use of seasonal ingredients!
Lauren Gaskill says
Thanks Kennedy! I have found they are also perfect with a tall glass of lemonade. Hooray summertime!
Cheyanne @ No Spoon Necessary says
Oh my gawsh- these beet sliders are adorable, not to mention gorgeous! Love the flavors you used and that you have turned the normally decadent slider into something healthy, while still maintaining the yum! Congrats on the new grill- that is super exciting! I can’t wait to see what you post using your new culinary bad boy grill! As for your question- what am i looking forward to grilling this summer? Ummmm… everything! Starting with these beet sliders 😉 Cheers, girlie girl!