I know what you’re thinking … What? Another recipe with pumpkin in it?
And yes, you are right. This is my fourth pumpkin recipe in a row. First there were the Pumpkin Dirt Pudding Cups for Halloween, then a Pumpkin Apple Crisp, then a Facebook post about Maple Pumpkin Oatmeal and now this Turkey Pumpkin Chili.
Some might call it pumpkin overload. Some might call it madness. But if you’re like me and you could never eat enough pumpkin … I call it culinary heaven. My philosophy is the more pumpkin I eat before winter hits, the better! Who’s with me? Proud pumpkin lovers raise your hands high!
If on the other hand you are a pumpkin hater, I promise next week’s recipes will not involve pumpkin so stay with me! Also regardless of whether or not you like pumpkin I promise you will love this recipe for Turkey Pumpkin Chili.
I’m not kidding when I say that out of all of the chili recipes I’ve ever come up with, this is my favorite chili recipe of all time! Between the ground turkey, black beans, kidney beans, corn, tomatoes, green pepper, onions and dash of pumpkin, there is so much to love about this healthy and comforting chili.
- Get delicious and healthy recipes delivered to your inbox weekly! Click here to sign up for the free Making Life Sweet newsletter!
- 1 lb. ground turkey, cooked
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 cup corn kernals
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally until tender, about five minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper and cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth, water, and pumpkin bringing to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined and heated through.
- Ladle chili into bowls and serve with tortilla chips.